In recent years, the introduction of new kitchenware products has helped to maximize storage space and improve overall kitchen organization. These efficient and affordable accessories can streamline cleaning and simplify daily cooking, meaning that time spent in the kitchen can be focused on doing what really matters — cooking!
There is always strong demand for functional space-saving and organizational products thanks to innovations in home design and a growing trend towards simplicity. In terms of kitchenware, this is no different. With this in mind, read on to learn about some of the most sought-after organizers that will redefine kitchen spaces this year and beyond.
The demand for an organized kitchen
A kitchen is one of the most used rooms in the house, and a good setup can improve the cooking space significantly. However, organizing a smaller kitchen and keeping the cabinets de-cluttered is a tricky task. The good news is that plenty of kitchen accessories are available that help maximize storage space for optimal functionality. The global kitchen storage organization market was worth $115 billion in 2018 and is projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% to $154 billion by 2027. This is accompanied by a range of new products, making it possible to organize one’s kitchen space on a tight budget by using shelf risers, pull-out storage for spice racks, baskets, adhesive holders, and magnetic strips among many other trending accessories.
Cabinet organization products and strategies
Cabinets often have large unutilized spaces due to gaps between the shelves. These empty vertical spaces can be filled by installing shelf risers. These risers allow one to organize cabinets more efficiently with a pull-out rack that can be conveniently stored when not in use. Also, the shelves in the cabinet can be adjusted to accommodate the height of the items stored on them. Also, tiered stands and racks can be used to make a single shelf function as two or more if necessary. Another significant benefit of such frames is that they allow one to organize dishes efficiently rather than stacking them on top of the other, which makes it much easier to access the right dish when you need it.
Adding pull-out drawers to kitchen cabinets can transform kitchen spaces completely. These storage bins pull out all the way, eliminating kitchen clutter which also minimizes the chance of accidents. They come with bottom rollers and they have multiple compartments to maximize storage for optimal space savings. They are also an excellent choice for children and the elderly who have difficulty reaching cabinets, and they can be used to store anything, including pots, pans, and groceries. They’re an overall highly functional product that makes the kitchen appear larger than it is by utilizing every cubic inch of storage space.
Under the sink storage
One space that often goes unutilized is the cabinet under the sink. Under-sink storage units are intended to maximize available kitchen space. Because there are often pipes under the kitchen sink, traditional shelf risers may not always function properly. This is where under the sink storage units provide the best solution. There are countless varieties available in the market, such as tiered caddies that hold multiple items or U-shaped racks that fit over the pipes. They allow one to make the most of every available space in the kitchen, and so they’ll remain a popular choice for those who want to increase their space and maintain a tidy kitchen.
Adding racks to cabinet doors is another way to maximize cabinet space. They are available in various shapes and sizes to accommodate different cabinet types. They can store items such as jars, chopping boards, and plates. These racks come in wood, polymer, metal, and typically with 3-4 shelves for optimum shelf space. Look for lightweight, durable, and easy-to-install options. The door-mounted racks are ideal for storing frequently used items like spices and cutting boards. Because spice jars are so popular, having specially designed storage frames is a great idea too. Also, some kitchen shelves may have deep cabinets, and so it’s good to ensure one stocks a variety of sizes to accommodate different cabinet sizes.
Storage for corner cabinets
Corner cabinets are often hard to reach despite having ample storage space. It is not always possible to redo the cabinets, but one can utilize this unused space with a number of cost-effective accessories. With a pull-out shelf mechanism, one can easily access hard-to-reach areas in the corner of the shelf. Such systems are intended to optimize available space by incorporating a lever-based shelf that is easy to open and close. These storage maximizers enable quick and easy access to items without straining one’s arms. Tiered racks are also ideal for large cabinets because they allow one to store multiple items in close proximity.
There are many benefits to having a well organized kitchen, and one’s cabinets are a great place to start. Luckily, there are a number of accessories that can make this a simpler task. These 5 cabinet organizers will be a hit for those aiming to keep their kitchen in tip-top shape:
- Storage baskets: Cabinets have large spaces that can quickly get cluttered. A solution is having smaller baskets to keep them organized. With these baskets, one no longer needs to rummage through all the contents of a drawer, but can instead store the items by category. Some even label their baskets to create an organized system, so one can look out for baskets that can hold tags. It is also a good idea to have baskets in various sizes to accommodate different needs.
- Drawer organizers: Drawers often get cluttered with items such as spoons, forks, and spatulas, so many people look for efficient solutions. Drawer organizers help to keep drawers neat and tidy, and they come in different varieties, such as a single organizer with multiple compartments or dividers which can be customized. Drawer organizers are always popular as they visually organize the cutlery, making items easy to find. They also keep the mess off the countertops, which maximizes kitchen cleanliness.
- Adhesive cup holders: These cup holders require no drilling and can be attached to a cabinet by simply removing the adhesive protective cover and sticking the cupholder to the wall of the cabinet. They have multiple hooks for holding small items such as mugs, spatulas, paper towels, scissors, and cups. Those who want to maximize the amount that can be held can drill them into the cabinets in order to store heavier items such as pots and pans. Aside from offering a storage solution, they can also be used as a drying rack for various kitchen utensils.
- Turntables: Turntables can make difficult-to-reach spaces more accessible. They have a spinning disc at the bottom that allows one to rotate the table 360 degrees to reach items stored at the back. Some of them have elevated side railings to keep the contents from falling out. Turntables are particularly great for storing condiments, sauces, and canned foods. By investing in one, there will no longer be any need to rummage through the entire cabinet to find what you need.
- Magnetic strips: Magnetic strips are an excellent choice for safely storing knives or tools away from children. The magnetic strips can be attached to the wall easily with fixing screws, and they are great space savers that can hold up multiple utensils. These strong magnetic boards can hold items made of iron and its alloys. Apart from knives, they can be used for craft supplies, scissors, spatulas and other tools.
Harness these trends in 2022
Kitchen cabinets are often crammed with plates, cups, mugs, groceries, pots, and pans. However, sorting these items goes a long way for making cooking, cleaning, and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. One can therefore stand to benefit from these organizational trends by offering high-quality, affordable, and functional products for the kitchen space. There is strong demand for organizational accessories, from shelf risers to door-mounted storage racks, amongst many others. Stocking these products in different sizes, colors, and styles will help you to accommodate the needs of many shoppers, and will be a great addition to your inventory this year.